St. Johns County Citizen’s Online Reporting System

Welcome to the St John’s County Sheriff’s Office (SJSO) Citizen’s Online Reporting System. Using this voluntary system allows you to submit a report and obtain a copy of the report for your records. Please note if a crime is occurring, posing an immediate threat or someone is injured, do not use this system, call 911 immediately.

In order to file an online report you must have:

  • A valid email address 
  • If you know who committed the crime then you cannot use online reporting. You will have to call for a deputy.

If you do not have an email address, you will not be able to use our online system. Please call (904) 824-8304 and a request to meet with a deputy to file a report.

Types of Online Reports:

Currently, only the following crimes may be filed online with The St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office:

Lost Property, Example click here

Harassing Phone Calls, Example click here

Vandalism, Example click here

Theft (total loss not more than $300.00), Example click here

Identity Theft, Example click here

Vehicle Burglary (total loss not more than $300.00), Example click here


*Only reports that involve crimes which occur within The St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office jurisdiction (unincorporated areas) can be filed online. If the incident occurred in an incorporated area, contact the appropriate agency directly.

    City of St Augustine: St Augustine Police Department (904) 825-1070
    City of St Augustine Beach: St Augustine Beach Police Department (904) 471-3600


Frequently Asked Questions:

Question: What do I do if online reporting is not right for me?
: Online reporting is only an option. You may call our office and request a deputy file the report for you at anytime.

Question: Can I report my lost or stolen prescription pills online? 
No. The reporting of Controlled Substances should be investigated by a deputy sheriff, p
lease call (904)824-8304.

Question: Can I report my lost or stolen firearm online? 
No. To report lost or stolen firearms call (904) 824-8304

Question: If I have suspect information/description or I know who committed the crime, can I file an online report. 
NO, a deputy should be requested so that an investigation can be conducted and a report completed by law enforcement.

Question: Should I file an online report if a crime is occurring or has just occurred?
No, Call 911 if an emergency exists, or 904-824-8304 and a deputy will respond to the incident.

Question: Is online reporting an appropriate choice for reporting a wanted person?
Answer: No, online reporting is for the initiation of a previously unreported crime. Simply call our office with the information or contact the local Crime Stoppers organization if you wish to remain anonymous or be eligible for a reward.

Question: What if this incident is related to a traffic crash
: If this incident is related to a traffic crash please call the appropriate local law enforcement agency or the Florida Highway Patrol. Crashes must be investigated at the time of the incident by law enforcement.

You may add information about property previously reported lost or stolen or you have additional details of property taken in a theft such as serial numbers.

Once the report is approved by a supervisor the report will be available for you. Please contact our Records Section by calling (904) 824-8304 or email your request to


Whoever knowingly and willfully gives false information concerning the alleged commission of any crime, may result in the reporting party’s criminal prosecution.

Statute 837.05 False Reports to Law Enforcement Authorities

Pop Up Blockers Please disable any software that blocks “pop ups” on your computer, as they may be necessary to successfully complete this report and receive a response from SJSO. Currently supported browsers are IE 7 and above and Firefox 4 and above. Safari is not supported at this time.

Online Reporting Criteria, Guidelines and Terms of Use Please review the Privacy Statement for the SJSO Citizen’s Online Reporting System.

You Are Now Ready to Begin Your Online Report!

Click here to start your report