Citizen Firearms Safety Training Course
The St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office is offering our citizens a Home Firearms Safety Training course. The course is taught by professional Firearms Instructors at the First Coast Technical College, North Campus, 3640 Gaines Road.
- Florida Statutes Concerning Firearms
- Proper Handling
- Cleaning and Storage
- Hands-on Training
- Emphasis on Handgun Safety
Join the many other citizens currently taking advantage of this program. Expand your horizons and become more knowledgeable of your rights.
- If you have never fired a handgun and would like to do so proficiently.
- If you have a fear of handguns and would like to overcome this fear through knowledge.
- If the safety of your profession, co-workers, clients, students or business could be enhanced by your ability and knowledge of how to safely secure a handgun.
- If you wish to gain more confidence in your ability to protect yourself.
- If you desire to know and understand laws concerning storing, using, and transporting handguns.
*A copy of the Class Certificate can be used as one of the requirements to apply for a concealed weapon permit.
Contact our partner First Coast Technical College at (904) 547-3282.
Class starts promptly at 8:00am
Questions? You can contact Jackie Pinkney – email@example.com
Spring Session Fall Session
February 10, 2018 September 15, 2018
March 10, 2018 October 13, 2018
April 14, 2018 November 17, 2018
If you have attended the instruction (past student of the First Coast Technical College ONLY) you are welcome to return for target practice on any or all of the SIX (6) dates listed above (Spring/Fall Sessions); please call:
(904)-209-2211 and ask for Jackie Pinkney, Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sessions Start at:
8AM, 9AM, 10AM, 11AM
For a Printable PDF Version of the information listed above, please click here.
The Tax Collector’s office is now able to process concealed weapons permits by appointment at their main office. You can complete the entire process by filling out an application, getting your fingerprints done, paying the fee, etc.
The cost is as follows:
$70 Current/Active Law Enforcement
$92 Retired Law Enforcement over a year
$22 Retired Law Enforcement less than a year
*Only available at the main office at this time
If you have any questions or you need additional information, please contact the Tax Collector’s Office.
Helpful Links To Apply For Florida Concealed Carry Permit
Applying for Florida Concealed Carry Permits:
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services/Jacksonville Regional Office
St Johns County Tax Collector/Concealed Carry Application
States Recognizing Florida License:
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services/States Recognizing Florida License