Traffic Enforcement Agreement Procedure
This agreement will enable the enforcement of all civil traffic violations by SJSO in privately owned and/or gated communities in St. Johns County and will also allow SJSO to hire off duty deputies to provide additional coverage.
To become a partner with the SJSO in this endeavor, you MUST download one of the following:
Call St. Johns County Growth Management at 904-209-0579 for more information and to answer any questions you may have.
You will then need to:
- Complete Exhibit ‘A’ (Property description)
- Complete Exhibit ‘C’ (Affidavit of Authority)
- Complete Exhibit ‘D’ (Proof of Liability Insurance)
Submit all above to:St. Johns County Traffic & Transportation Department 2750 Industry Center Road St. Augustine, Florida 32084
- Exhibit ‘B’ (Engineering Study) Applicant must contract with a private engineering firm who will contact St Johns County Traffic Engineering (904) 209-0178 to obtain a TRAFFIC REQUIREMENTS WORKSHEET. The applicant’s engineer will work with the County Traffic Section to verify that signs, speed limits and other traffic control devices meet state requirements.
- List of Engineering Consulting Firms
The completed engineering study will be reviewed/approved by the St Johns County Traffic Engineering Section and then forwarded to SJSO Traffic Enforcement.
ALL 4 EXHIBITS MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE A TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT AGREEMENT CAN BE APPROVED.
The SJSO Traffic Enforcement Section will send written notice of approval or disapproval of the permit request and will maintain the original copy.