Does your kid wanna be like ROCKY BALBOA? Then we have a program that is right for you! St. Johns Police Athletic League is getting ready to launch its BOXING program.
This Co-Ed program will bring strength, discipline, and discipline to any student trying it out.
Here are our specifics on boxing:
- Ages 7-18
- COED, same-gender sparring only
- The program runs quarterly with one month in between sessions
- $100 per quarter registration, includes gloves, t-shirt, mouth guard, professional/certified instruction 2 nights per week (1hr sessions). (20% Returning student discount)
- Payment plans and scholarships available
- Mondays and Wednesday evenings, times TBD
- Opportunity for entry into quarterly local/state competitions, entry fees covered by PAL.
- Annual State PAL Boxing Championships held in Palatka at SJR STATE. Entry fees covered by PAL
- Competition uniforms provided by PAL
- Governed by USA Boxing, Olympic style w/ full safety gear (headgear, groin protection etc)
- USA Boxing “Return to Competition” and CDC Covid-19 Guidelines followed to include:
- Maximum of 10 participants indoors at a time with sanitizing occurring between rotations (outdoor physical training sessions will be used with appropriate social distancing enforcement)
- Temp checks
- Facemasks encouraged when not participating in an activity
- Medical gloves/Masks worn by coaches during indoor instruction
- All equipment sanitized daily by Staff to include boxers issued gloves. (they can take gloves home at the end of the quarter)
- More information regarding COVID precautions that PAL will use at: https://www.teamusa.org/usa-boxing/coronavirus for USA Boxing and http://www.sjcfl.us/coronavirus/ for local
- Registration will open Sept 14th and training will begin on October 5th
- Training is held at the W.E. Harris Center, 400 E Harris St, Hastings 32145