Jason Sheffield, Director
Director Sheffield is responsible for the overall operation of Human Resource, Benefits, Records Management, Information Technology, Training, Fleet Management, and Professional Standards. All of these units provide direct support to the law enforcement and corrections mission of the agency.
He is responsible for all operations within the Information Technology Unit, Records Unit, and the Fleet Unit. Additionally, Director Sheffield serves as the agency’s liaison with County staff coordinating current and future needs for all Sheriff’s Office facilities.
Risk Management Unit
Terri Marcum is the current Risk Management Manager for the agency. Mrs. Marcum and her team are responsible for all employee benefits, workers’ compensation claims, liability insurance claims, and risk management.
Rick Ferraro is the current Fleet Manager for the agency. Mr. Ferraro and his team are responsible for all vehicles, boats, motorcycles, and specialty equipment owned by the agency.
Information Technology Unit
Jake Parham is the current IT Manager for the agency. Mr. Parham and his team are responsible for all hardware and software within the agency; i.e., mobile data computers, computer aided dispatch, records management, and jail management.
Human Resource Unit
MaryAnn Tatem is the current Human Resource Manager for the agency. Mrs. Tatem and her team are responsible for the recruitment and hiring process and the maintenance of all employee records. Additionally, the promotional process is coordinated by the Human Resource Unit.
Professional Standards Unit
Professional Standards is responsible for administering the policy function, the policy manual, and the accreditation process. The Sheriff’s Office maintains three separate accreditation awards. First, the Sheriff’s Office has retained accreditation with the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA) since 1991. CALEA is an international award for law enforcement agencies, that recognizes and evaluates the standards found in professional law enforcement agencies. We were accredited by the Commission for Florida Law Enforcement Accreditation (CFA) in 1996, followed by the Florida Corrections Accreditation Commission (FCAC) in 2004. These awards demonstrate the professionalism, excellence, and competence of the Sheriff’s Office and its’ value to the community.
Publications: Publications is responsible for all the Sheriff’s Office forms, manual printings, monthly newsletters, and various other printing an publication projects.
Manager Bonnie Jimmerson
The Records Unit is responsible for the recording and maintenance of:
- Agency generated incident reports
- Arrests for St Johns County
- Background checks (St Johns County Only) If you need assistance with State or National background checks contact FDLE at http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Criminal-History-Records/Obtaining-Criminal-History-Information.aspx
- Agency generated Traffic Crash reports. You have a couple options in order to obtain a copy of your report:
- If you have access to a notary, I can email you the form and then you can email me back and I’ll email the report to you.
- If you do not have access to a notary you can either come to one of our offices and we will fill out the paperwork with you or you can go online. There are two website options:
- BuyCrash.com – cost is $16 per report
- CrashDocs.org – free to the public
- Seals and Expunges for arrests in St Johns County only. Link to get started: http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Seal-and-Expunge-Process/Seal-and-Expunge-Home.aspx
- Agency generated traffic citations, parking and county citations
- Calls for service at specific locations
- Uniform Crime Reporting
The Records Unit can be reached one of the following ways: email@example.com ,calling (904) 810-6610 or Faxing (904) 209-1542 *please note, fax has recently changed.
Lt. Peggy Tennyson
The Training Section is responsible for the Field Training and Evaluation Program for new hires. They are also responsible for yearly In Service Training, ensuring that personnel receive training based on current trends.