St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office deputies and civilian personnel submit reports, usually by the end of their daily shifts. Reports need to be approved by their supervisors before they can be released to the general public. Sometimes, reports will then be submitted to special divisions for further investigation.
Also, some reports are exempt from public records per F. S. S. 119, and redaction will have to be made before the report will be made available to the public.
Record Requests can be made from the SJSO Records Unit in the following ways:
- Email via firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person in our lobby
- By calling (904) 810-6610
- Faxing (904) 209-1542
When requesting a report, please have the case number, the victim/defendant’s name or location so we can research the case quickly.
Our Records Unit can also help you with the following:
- Agency generated incident reports
- Arrests for St. Johns County
- Background checks (St. Johns County Only)
- Agency generated Traffic Crash reports
- Seals and Expunges for arrests in St. Johns County only
- Agency generated traffic citations, parking and county citations
- Calls for service at specific locations
- Uniform Crime Reporting
If you need assistance with State or National background checks, please contact FDLE.
You can also obtain a copy of a traffic crash report by contacting one of the following:
- www.buycrash.com (note: there is a fee for this site)
- www.crashdocs.org (this site is fueled by CarFax)